Reims, Epernay & Hautvillers – In the heart of the Marne vineyards – 1 night €1360 per person
Whether you’re a champagne lover or a neophyte, this two-day trip is for you. From the champagne houses and their majestic chalk pits to the most authentic winegrowers’ estates, you’ll discover the different spheres of the champagne industry, interspersed with visits to the unmissable sites in the north of the Champagne region.
- 9.30am: your guide picks you up at your accommodation in Champagne or at the station of your choice.
- 10.00 am: Enjoy an exceptional panoramic view of the hillsides and discover the different grape varieties, traditions and special features of the region thanks to your guide, who will give you all the information you need to make the most of the day’s visits.
- 10:45: Discovery of a prestigious Champagne House: Champagne Ayala. You’ll have the chance to explore the old cellars in contrast to the ultra-modern equipment in the vat room. You’ll learn about the particularities of producing their cuvées and enjoy a panoramic view of the vineyards from the rooftop.
- 12:45: lunch in one of the most beautiful villages in the Champagne region, with a tapas-style meal featuring Champagne gastronomy and a comparative tasting of 2 or 3 champagnes.
- 2.15pm: Guided tour of Hautvillers, the birthplace of Champagne wines, led by a guide with a passion for her village. This walk will take you through this typical village where the monk Dom Pierre Pérignon, cellarer of the abbey, lived and where you can discover the church and its exterior. 3.30pm: visit a family-run champagne house producing gourmet cuvées aged in oak barrels. You will have the opportunity to visit their incredible cellars and taste 3 vintages of their champagnes.
- 17:00: End the day with a moment of relaxation with a champagne flute tasting in the former stables of a famous Champagne House, rehabilitated by a talented designer. You’ll be welcomed into an ideal setting to enjoy a final flute over a small cheese board.
6.00 pm: end of the first day and departure for your hotel in Reims. You will spend the night in a 4-star hotel located opposite Reims Cathedral and the city’s recently refurbished fire station. This elegantly designed hotel offers spacious, comfortable rooms, some with a view of the cathedral.
- 9.30am: pick up by your guide at your accommodation in the Champagne region.
- 10.00am: Guided tour of the secrets of Reims Cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- 10.45am: visit to one of the last great family Champagne Houses, Champagne Taittinger. You will discover their majestic chalk pits, which house 12 to 13 million bottles. The Champagne House and cellars are on UNESCO’s World Heritage List. You will then taste two of their finest cuvées.
- 12:45: Semi-gastronomic lunch at a traditional brasserie in the heart of Reims, serving traditional dishes made with local, seasonal produce.
- 2.15 pm: discover the most beautiful places in the Montagne de Reims on a 2CV tour. You’ll discover all the must-see places in Reims in this legendary and fun vehicle.
- 3.30pm: Discover a family of winegrowers based in the heart of the Montagne de Reims who have chosen to return to the family estate after a professional career. You will have the chance to discover their traditional cellar, their philosophy and their taste for low dosage champagnes.
- 17:30: End of your stay in the northern Champagne region.
€1360 per person in 1/2 twin/double sharing
*Price per person with a min of 4 people
- All the Services that are mentioned in the itinerary
- Flight tickets
- anything that is not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
4-star hotel located opposite Reims Cathedral and the city’s recently refurbished fire station. This elegantly designed hotel offers spacious, comfortable rooms, some with a view of the cathedral.
Best of Tours Ltd