Champagne & Local producers – In the heart of the Aube vineyards – 1 night €930 per person
If you’re a connoisseur of local produce, gourmets and other epicureans, this two-day trip is for you! You’ll set off to discover some of the finest artisans in the southern Champagne region and taste the fruits of their labour as they combine gastronomy and champagne. Authentic encounters and shared moments guaranteed!
- 9.30am: Pick-up by your guide at your accommodation in the Champagne region or directly at the station of your choice.
- 9:45 am: A warm drink and a sweet treat in a Troyes town-centre tearoom. This will be an opportunity for you to get to know your guide.
- 10:45: Visit to a traditional cheese dairy: the Champ sur Barse cheese dairy. This establishment specialises in the production of a ladle-moulded farmhouse cheese named after the dairy. It can be enjoyed in a variety of forms (faisselles, plain, with herbs, etc.) and the maturing process develops different flavours. The tour of the production site ends with a tasting session and a glass of champagne.
- 12:15 pm: lunch at a gourmet local restaurant in the charming village of Chaource, world-famous for its famous ladled A.O.P. cow’s milk cheese. You’ll have lunch in a restaurant whose motto is “The pleasure of sharing and indulging”, with local, seasonal produce on the menu.
- 2.30pm: Meet a Master Jam Maker registered with the Collège Culinaire de France for her exceptional jams, and taste them. This will give you the opportunity to discover the Pays d’Othe, considered to be the main cider apple-producing region after Brittany-Normandy.
- 16:00: Discover the city of Troyes, the historic capital of the Champagne region, with its medieval timber-framed architecture. During the visit, you’ll take a short break at the home of a renowned chocolatier who has been world champion several times. You’ll have the chance to sample several recipes, including their speciality: the “Mortier d’Or” filled with an exceptional praline.
- 17:30: End of the first day and drop-off at your guesthouse by your guide. You will spend the night in a charming guest house in the heart of Troyes. You will enjoy a spacious and comfortable room in this large bourgeois mansion, which was built and lived in by the historian Albert Babeau, and has now been completely restored, offering a modern and authentic décor while retaining its soul and historic character.
- 9.30am: your guide picks you up at your accommodation.
- 10.00 am: Enjoy an exceptional panoramic view of the hillsides and discover the different grape varieties, traditions and special features of the region with your guide, who will give you all the information you need to make the most of the day’s visits.
- 11.00am: visit to the Coteaux du Landion cooperative in the heart of the Côte des Bar. You’ll enjoy a breathtaking view of the landscape and the atmosphere of the vineyards, which come alive with the seasons. This cooperative, which has 80 members, markets its champagnes under the Gaston Checq brand.
- 12:45: Semi-gastronomic lunch at one of the region’s top restaurants, awarded a “Bib gourmand” by the Michelin guide.
- 2.30pm: A fun tour of the Château de Vaux in a setting steeped in history and surrounded by nature. Following major renovation and staging work, the residence built by the famous architect of Louis XV (Germain Boffrand) will take you on a timeless tour. 3:30 pm: discover a winegrowing estate that has shared its passion and heritage through its champagnes for generations. This estate, which cultivates the “esprit Maison”, boasts a rich heritage combining history, culture and festivities. The tour ends with a tasting session.
- 17:30: end of your stay in the southern Champagne region.
EUR 930.00 per person in 1/2 twin/double sharing
*Price per person for a group of min 4 people.
- All the Services that are mentioned in the itinerary
- Flight tickets
- anything that is not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
You will spend the night in a charming guest house in the heart of Troyes. You will enjoy a spacious and comfortable room in this large bourgeois mansion, which was built and lived in by the historian Albert Babeau, and has now been completely restored, offering a modern and authentic décor while retaining its soul and historic character.
Best of Tours Ltd